A simple yet imaginative recipe with Wild Asparagus and Zucchini. Wild Asparagus Spices allow us to prepare an excellent meal even during the winter months. Preparation of this amazing dish is quick and simple, compared to picking up the Wild Asparagus.
Ingredients (for 2 people)
– 1 medium sized Zucchini
– 40g of Wild Asparagus or 1,5g of finely ground Wild Asparagus Spice
– 2 small slices of Prosciutto cut into small pieces
– 130g of Pearl Barley (you can soak it in water 24 hours earlier or use the one that’s cooked in 15-20 minutes)
– Olive Oil, a piece of butter (optional) or Wild Asparagus Olive Oil – for a complete flavour
– Salt and pepper
– Parmesan cheese
– Water for cooking (monitor the amount while cooking)
– First separate the Asparagus tips and leave them for the end. Cut the Asparagus stems into smaller pieces.
– Fry the chopped and finely sliced Zucchini on Olive Oil for about 10 minutes, add some salt and pepper, as well as the Prosciutto, the cut Asparagus stems or half of the Wild Asparagus Spice and Pearl Barley. Fry it all the all together for around 5 minutes.
– Pour some water and let it boil for about 20 minutes. Don’t forget to add the Wild Asparagus tips or half of the Wild Asparagus Spice a couple of minutes before the end. When cooking make sure to stirr with a spoon every few minutes and monitor the amount of water, add more water if needed but be careful not to add too much – preferably add small quantities several times. Add a piece of butter and Wild Asparagus Olive Oil by your choice, for an amazingly tasty experience!
– Add some grated Parmesan cheese once the dish is ready.